Friday, October 5, 2012

Carly Marie's Capture Your Grief - Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Month

 For Olivia Marie....Remembering you everyday!

Day 1: Sunrise
View from my bed. 6:45 AM, Philadelphia, PA
 
 
Day 2: Self Portrait Before Loss
Our last "family" photo.
32 weeks, 16 days before Olivia was born.
 
Day 3: Self Portrait After Loss
10:30 PM April 24, 2012. It still wasn't real yet.
The first & last time I got to see or hold  her.
 
Day 4: Most Treasured Item
Olivia's Baby Book.
It's filled with pictures, her hand & foot prints, her hair, hospital braclet, baptism certificate, ultrasound photos and stuff from my baby shower.
 
Day 5: Memorial
Half of Olivia's ashes were burried here with my grandparents so there would always be a place for anyone to go visit her. The other half we have home with us so we can be with her everyday. Jada also planted a garden for Olivia with my in-laws. There is a beautiful bench there my mother-in-law received but I don't have a picture of that yet.
 
Day 6: What Not to Say. 
Day 6: What hurt the most was the lack of friends & family who didn't acknowledge my daughter. If you don't know what to say send a card, give a hug, DO SOMETHING! The littlest things are often what makes the biggest impact. Even know Olivia was only here for 4 short hours she was still here. Other people acknowledging our children means a lot to us. "The friend who holds your hand and says the wrong thing is made of dearer stuff than the one who stays away." -BK

No comments:

Post a Comment